Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Let's get down to bussiness...

to defeat....the Huns!
Just kidding. Anyone else still wondering why Donny Osmond sang that song while B.D. Wong was voicing the character....?
Anyway it is time for business. Now that I am a graduate student and actually attempting to put together something that might someday serve as a thesis I have decided it is time to start developing a "voice." After how many years of voice lessons and now I'm starting over getting an entirely new kind of voice...crazy. This blog is just sitting here and I do a very poor job of updating it...and I always say I'm going to and then I don't. The worst is one I come home from a really great piece of theater and I'm like "oh I should write about this in my blog" and then I don't. Well that's about to change and I mean it this time!
Here's the new plan for under utilized brilliantly named blog: I have decided, for the time being that musical theater is my greatest joy in life (besides those people in my life that I love). Therefore my thesis shall be about musical theatre. So far my deduction skills seem reasonable. The next tentative step of my thesis was to narror down that topic slightly. Only slightly mind you I still have a huge topic in mind. At present I wish to examine the role of female composers, lyricists and book writers and how their gender has affected their art and the characters they create. See I told you it was still broad. Ok here comes the plan with the blog part. I am starting to accumulate a pile of books creating a sort of library nesting ground around my desk. As I go through each book looking for clues for my thesis I will come back in here to write about them and disscuss. Doesn't that sound like fun?! It doesn't have to sound like fun to you but you're looking at the girl who is giddy about graduate research...I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but it sure is mine...in fact it's like a pumpkin spiced lattee with no points...mmmmmmm wouldn't that be wonderful?
Ok so that's the plan. Here I go. Wish me luck.
Pins.

No comments: