Friday, January 22, 2010

It's a metaphor...

Great. So now I have tons and tons of information, a very real deadline, and not an ounce of energy to get through this. Trude still makes me really excited but I am just not making this happen right now. Here I am approaching the end of my break (the optimal time to be working on this paper) and I truly have next to nothing concretely finished. I mean yes I have a lot of information. So much information I'm maybe a tinge overwhelmed. But when it really boils down to it I'm scared and lonely and that makes things difficult I guess. And writing here makes me feel a little more confident, or at least motivated, if not more lonely and less important but c'est la vie here it goes.

I'm in Arcadia right now and while I'm in the 19th century part I'm listening to the modern part and so much of it is about research and finding truth, trivial as it may be. I guess I am finding truth, or at least putting two and two together. Hannah is convinced that the Sidley Hermit is a symbol of the romantic meltdown. Does that mean that I can believe Trude is a symbol of the integration of America Musical Theatre? I mean I know I don't need the permission or anything but here's my thought process. Trude's exceptional musical talents coupled with her unique understanding of dancers and choreographers makes her sort of the power behind the intgrated musical thought process. Bringing together book, music and dance to tell a story is perfectly combined in the person of Trude Rittmann. I don't want to go making her into a metaphor but I think that she's maybe a bigger part of the picture than I originally thought. She's not just a fascinating character with an unreveled story, she's an instrumental part of what makes these iconic shows great.

With that said I think that maybe I've collected enough courage to go back to my first chapter. Updates as I need the rant space.
Pins.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know ending all your posts with pins just makes me want to say salt peter.