Saturday, August 23, 2014

Children and Art

Getting ready to see kids on Monday. We had a back to school picnic today and while these things can be daunting I got really excited. I have some amazing kids I'm gonna teach and all I can do is hope that they stay as excited as they are now and ride my epic enthusiasm, which I think is my greatest asset as a teacher.
I have one girl in particular that I'm so happy to have again as a student. I had her two years ago and this year I will have her for two classes (including my musical theatre class) and as apprentice on the show I'm directing. She was the student who when times were rough in that class I would remind myself that I was teaching for her, I was doing it for her. And she's still that amazingly enthusiastic positive student today and I'm so jazzed. And there are new kids I'm jazzed about. And kids that I loved last year that are going on to the next thing and I'm excited for them too! I guess I'm actually having one of those I love teaching moments. And granted my tune my change a little by the end of next week, it's nice to know that I have these moments and that they can fill me with such hope. Maybe I won't write the next great musical, but maybe one of my students will, and in some ways isn't that even better?
Pins.

No comments: